Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Module 1



This little poster says it all....I'm sure if I stay calm and just follow the steps then Web 2 will be as 'Easy as A B C' !

Hi, my name is Anna. I am an ESL teacher and I am embarking on this wonderful journey of Web 2. I find it both challenging and exciting, eager to find out just what I can do with all these new tools I will be exploring!

I have lots of questions....

What is gmail?

'Gmail is a free, search-based webmail service that combines the best features of traditional email with Google's search technology.'

I now have a gmail account with many extras...customised with a picture that I chose!

What is iGoogle?









It all seemed a little foggy at first but then I found out that....

iGoogle lets me create a personalised homepage that contains a Google search box at the top, and my choice of any number of fascinating gadgets that I want! In fact probably too many!!

Wow! So much to explore but I think that's enough for one post. I'm off to rest and reflect!

2 comments:

  1. Anna,
    you are making a great start to your web 2.0 journey and you are obviously very competent with the use of the computer. Best of luck with your journeys in the course. I have found it really useful and I am sure that as an ESL teacher you will be able to make some great lessons up for your classes.
    Good Luck!!
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anna. You don't know me, but I'm a fellow Web 2.0er who has just been browsing some blogs of course participants. Your quote, "Keep calm and carry on" caught my eye. I was having a particularly stressful day recently, and came across this quote, and thought how very appropriate it was at the time! It is also quite relevant to Web 2.0!

    PS Your blog looks great! I particularly love your images. Enjoy the course.

    ReplyDelete