Sunday, August 15, 2010

Module 2


What is a blog?

A blog or "web log" is a type of website. One person is usually resposible for maintaining it and they make regular entries of commentary, descriptions of events, or other material such as graphics or videos. The entries are commonly displayed in reverse chronological order!

I have read blogs about knitting,



cooking



and gardening,


found them to be very interesting but I thought you needed to be a computer wiz to write one!
Wow was I wrong...it is so easy! Just follow the steps on 'blogger' and there it is! 

I can see now why teachers use blogs in the classroom as a tool for reading and writing.



Blogs could also be utilised for problem solving and higher order thinking activities.



As an ESL teacher a blog would be useful for vocabulary building (visuals) 
and sentence structure. 





After completing Module 2 it has become obvious to me that we all have the same tools...




It's what we do with them that counts!!!



 






2 comments:

  1. Wow, I am so impressed with your play list.... I dont even know how to make a playlist...lol
    Nice one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always thought blogs were so difficult and technical to set up too! I was pleasantly surprised at how simple it actually was to start blogging! I was also surprised about how sophisticated I thought I sounded when I informed friends that I had created a blog! (They were very impressed!)

    ReplyDelete